Any organization that requires resources to execute services needs to efficiently be able to identify and schedule based on requirements defined by organizational needs. Dynamics 365’s Universal Resource Scheduling solutions organizations more effectively manage and schedule these resources by providing a configurable toolset that helps to identifying and scheduling single or multiple resources based on requirements.
This course, regardless of you experience with Dynamics 365’s Universal Resource Scheduling solution will equip students with the skills necessary to configure and consume the tools available to more efficiently manage organizational resources. Key topics include identifying where to begin and as well as the organizational considerations that will drive resource scheduling decisions. A primary focus will be on how to best leverage the tools that are available to locate and schedule resources such as using the schedule board, leveraging the schedule assistant, and how to handle cancelations and rebooking scenarios. Additionally, we will examine customization scenarios such as enabling items for scheduling, defining schedule board options, working with multiple schedule boards, and extending the core scheduling functionality.
This course helps students better understand what is important to organizations when scheduling resources and focuses on implementation considerations that aid in designing more efficient solutions that align with customer and organizational goals.
What You’lll Learn：
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the core components used to schedule items.
- Configure the application to best leverage the scheduling features.
- Leverage scheduling features to locate and schedule resources for work.
- Tailor the application to best represent organizational needs.
- Develop solutions that can be used to schedule single or multiple resources.
- Identify the extension options available as part of Universal Resource Scheduling.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic understanding of Dynamics 365 features, functionality, and navigation.
- Familiarity with Dynamics 365 configuration is helpful.
Module 1: Universal Resource Scheduling
After completing this module, students will be able to identify the key components used with the Universal Resource Scheduling solution, perform basic configuration, and enable Dynamics entities for use with URS.
- URS Overview and Configuration
- How URS Works
- Component Overview
- Organizational Considerations
- Defining Fulfillment Preferences
- Enabling Entities or URS
- Enabling an Entity to be used with URS
- Defining Entity Configuration Settings
- Defining Entity Mappings
- Entity Customization and Automation Considerations
- Booking Status customizations and considerations
- Entity Customization Considerations
- Designing Automations
Module 2: Managing Scheduling Options
After completing this module, students will be able to use the schedule board to schedule single resources, find substitute resources and rebook items as needed, leverage crew and resource pool scheduling.
- Using the Schedule Board
- Scheduling options overview
- Schedule Board Overview
- Filtering Resources
- Working with the Map
- Using the Requirements and Details Panels
- Scheduling Items
- Scheduling using the Requirements Panel
- Scheduling using the Interactive Map
- Working with the Schedule Assistant
- Rescheduling and Substituting Resources
- Rebooking an Item
- Substituting Resources
- Moving Multiple Bookings
- Crew and Resource Pool Scheduling
- Working with Split view
- Scheduling Resource Pools
- Crew Scheduling
Module 3: Customizing the Schedule Board
After completing this module, students will be able to modify schedule board settings, create additional schedule boards as needed, leverage dynamics 365 views with the schedule board and identify the extension capabilities available.
- Configure the Schedule Board
- Working with Schedule Board Settings
- Modify General Settings
- Configure the Requirement Panel
- Create additional Schedule Boards
- Define and create additional schedule boards
- Controlling access to schedule board tabs
- Leverage Dynamics 365 views with the Schedule Board
- Review how Dynamics 365 views are leveraged
- Examine the Primary entities used with the schedule board
- Define and deploy views to the schedule board
- Configure Schedule Board Queries and Filters
- Review schedule boards queries and filters
- Extend the schedule board with custom filters
- Customize schedule assistant filters
- Working with Requirement Groups
- Define requirement Groups
- Create Requirement Group Templates
- Configure the application to leverage Requirement Groups
Module 4: Resource Scheduling Optimization
After completing this module, students will be able to identify scenarios where Resource scheduling Optimization might be leveraged, deploy and configure functionality, and create optimization goals, scopes, and schedules.
- Resource Scheduling Optimization Overview
- RSO overview and Use cases
- Deploying RSO
- RSO Configuration
- Defining Optimization Goals
- Creating Objectives
- Defining Constraints
- Understanding Optimization Effort
- Defining Optimizations Scopes
- Overview of Scopes
- Scope filtering options
- Defining Resource filters
- Defining Requirement filters
- Working with Time filters
- Defining Optimization Profiles
- Creating an optimization profile
- Defining optimization schedules
- Triggering jobs to run
- Single resource optimization